Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Reduced Meat, How Many Of You Buy It?

I love seeing this sticker on certain items i buy reguarly especially reduced meats. Im sure all of us know how much the cost of meat is now a days. Point blank outrageous and they dont make coupons for it either(not to my knowledge). Now i had always wondered how my mom always had a freezer full of stuff meats, breads, etc. anything freezeable. Finally i went to the grocery store with her and saw her in action. I will advise before i go on its best to go early in the morning say around 9 or 9:30 ish, as for the day you will just have to find out how your local kroger does their major markdowns, for me mine does them every wed. If your wondering how much you can save it all depends on when you get it. I normally get mine when its first marked down because its still fresh and not turning green or brown, but i think you might be able to wait one more day to see if they mark it down again. For an example i got about 2lbs of ground chuck it would of normally been $5.00 but since it was marked down i got it for under $3.50 and i got 4 of them which saved me about $1.50 per package. I also manage to pick up a bulk pack of pork chops that are normally $8.00 for $5.00 which saved me $3.00. Those are just some examples and if your not a local kroger shopper than you can also find these deals at walmart. For an example at walmart i got 2 t bone steaks that were $12.00 each for $6.00 each. Also at kroger keep a look out for manager specials on breads and etc. They are all over the store and if you use them or freeze them in the right amount of time you can really save big and stock up!

Now i have to ask my original question. Do any of you readers ever buy reduced meat?

No comments:

Post a Comment